State-of the-art technology for the development of more intelligent industrial plants
In many processes, production data are manually collected on a regular basis, on a worksheet, and are then typed onto an Excel spreadsheet to be subsequently converted in “daily/weekly production reports”. This method depends on the discipline, dedication and precision of the people involved in the process.
There is an alternative: the automatic taking, recording, representing and analysis, second by second, of the main indicators of the production process using a tool such as IProx Factory.
Data is the key word for making decisions based on facts rather than on impressions.
IProx Factory incorporates something else: images. Strategically placed cameras allow real time viewing – integrated in the same dashboard as the numerical data – of the critical points and, subsequently, the analysis of the recordings in order to correlate the evolution of the process with the results obtained.
In the factories and workshops where it is used, IProx Factory soon becomes an essential support tool when making decisions. The information collected automatically throughout the plant is updated and graphically shown – with the appropriate level of detail – in various locations:
- at machine level, to occasionally inform and alert and give responsibility to the machine operator
- on the production line to share the main indicators with the whole team, reinforcing the concept of collective success
- on the tablet, mobile and/or computer of the maintenance personnel, who receive notifications of stops and errors in a few seconds, without human intervention
- on the tablet, mobile and/or computer of the Head of Production, who is ultimately responsible for achieving quality and quantity objectives
- the tablet, mobile and/or computer of the management team
Moreover, authorised personnel can also remotely control the machines or the process from a web dashboard.
A user with administrator access level can define as many dashboards as they need in order to provide the level of access to the information that each member requires.
The objective (before increasing capacity) must be to STOP WASTE, which is profitability’s greatest enemy.
- Data is collected by an IProx controller (in any of its versions) by means of sensors – or read from the machines using a communications protocol (Modbus or other) – and are sent via internet to the IProx Factory platform
- IProx Factory is a web application that receives, stores, arranges and presents numerical data accompanied by graphs in such a way that they are of the greatest help possible when making decisions regarding the monitored machine or process
- Safe access and visualisation are performed using a web browser from a device with a screen suitable for the user’s needs
Allows various factories or production lines to be managed at the same time, consolidating the related data and allowing management to compare their performance and efficiency.
The remote management of the installations allows the reduction of intervention times and decision-making processes, which in turn, increases productivity.
The automatic detection and recording of incidents and the alerts sent to the corresponding maintenance department in a matter of seconds, help to reduce interruptions and to convert emergency repair interventions into preventative maintenance interventions that do not stop production.
Consumption by product line, process stage, tonne of final product, etc. can be calculated in those processes entailing intensive energy use.
The analysis of historic data, correlated with video recordings, allows the quick identification of the causes of problems and the sources of waste.
When visualising the performance of various comparable machines/processes/exploitations, we can (easily) identify the areas for improvement in those that are least efficient.
The image recordings, which are totally integrated with numerical data, make it easy to identify improvements in view of how the operations being analysed have been performed.